Monday, December 22, 2008

The Inaugural Post!

I have wanted to start a blog (and join the online sensation) for a while now and it feels good to finally be in pretend bizness on the internets.  This blog will be about my life and pursuit of a career in art direction or design. It will also be a place where I share some of the more quality things that I find while traversing the web.

I ran across this gem of a comment while I was surfing the nets.  It was in response to Kanye West's performance on SNL last week. After you read his comments be sure to check out Kanye's shitty performance in the video below.  

"4. barty1013 - Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:35pm PST
The next generation is lame. You were raised on garbage. People are egotistical (read:insecure), when deep down they know they are not that good. Trite subject matter, no singing ability, all flash-no panache, not particurly innovative samples (please, Tricky (probably don't know him, huh?)has more genius packed in one song then Kanye's entire catalogue. Voice of his generation? Truly sad. Ours was Stevie Wonder. No comparing. Can't sing, can't play an instrument, the best parts of his songs are the loops from the genius' that he aspires to, like Steely Dan or Buffy Sainte-Marie. His audience is the Clear Channel generation. They don't know any better because they haven't been exposed to anything else. And for those who think someone in the last generation "doesn't get it", we did more acid and partying than you ever did....and had/have more fun, because we are not addicted to the subject matter you all are, which is boasting (read:insecurity), cheap sex (read:insecurity). You are a generation of sociopaths, and it shows in your idea of genius. Yes, your pissed, at yourself for the being the blind sheep that you have become in the cultural malaise you raised in. Pathetic."

Barty1013, If you are ever in Atlanta I would like to buy you a beer.  I promise that I am not motivated in this offer by a self-centered need for attention.  Even though I will make sure that I am dressed better than you and my clothes are more expensive.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment